Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Turn Your Water Into Wine

It is your right to be rich. You are here to lead the abundant life, and to be happy, radiant, and free. You should, therefore, have all the money you need to lead a full, happy, prosperous life. There is no virtue in poverty; the latter is a mental disease, and it should be abolished from the face of the earth. You are here to grow, expand, and unfold—spiritually, mentally, and materially. You have the inalienable right to fully develop and express yourself along all lines. You should surround yourself with beauty and luxury. Why be satisfied with just enough to go around when you can enjoy the riches of the Infinite? Your desire to be rich is a desire for a fuller, happier, more wonderful life. It is a cosmic urge. It is good and very good.  Joseph Murray, author of “How To Attract Money”.

My love for books was instilled in me at a very early age.  I love to read.  I’ve read hundreds of books.  I’ve educated, improved, entertained, escaped and nourished myself through the written word.  While fiction is very entertaining, as I got older I began to crave information that would give me insight into how to best utilize the power within me.  I grew up in a Baptist household, but because of my parent’s work schedules, we didn’t attend church on a regular basis.  It wasn’t until much later in my life that I began to read the bible and much later yet that I began to understand its symbolism.

At the marriage feast in Cana of Galilee recorded in John 2:1-11, Jesus turned water into wine. I have read this scripture many, many times and it wasn’t until recently that the water and the wine in this story are symbols of how we have the God-given power to enact change in our lives.

Buried deep in our subconscious depths lie infinite wisdom, power, and supply just waiting for development and expression.  When we learn to recognize the potential that we own within, they become manifest in the world without.  But first, you must take a very important step.  You MUST relinquish all thoughts of lack and poverty.  It is a mental disease and keeps you from experiencing the life that you desire.  Dr. Joseph Murphy, How To Attract MoneyWe have all probably said on more than one occasion, “I’m broke” or “I don’t have any money”.  That may actually be a fact but you must be careful.  Your subconscious mind hears everything that comes from your mouth and takes it as TRUTH.  Your subconscious mind is not discerning; it is like a very sophisticated tape recorder.  It hears everything you say and acts on what it hears.  When it hears “I’m broke”, that’s the reality that you create for yourself.  In addition, we must edit our thoughts as well.  It is not easy and takes much practice.  But it can be done.  When I leave home in the morning, I take a mental picture of a broom and a watering can with me.  When negative thoughts come to me, I simply take that broom and sweep away all negative thoughts like spider webs.  On the other hand, my positive thoughts are nurtured by the watering can so they can grow and multiply.  Sounds silly, but it works.

I’m sure you remember the beloved movie, The Wizard of Oz?  It’s probably the most watched movie of all time.  Personally, I love the movie and make it a point to watch whenever it comes on TV.  Remember, the beloved cowardly lion?  He was a big chicken but I adored him.  Do you recall the scene where he and the gang were in the haunted forest and he proclaimed, “I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks, I do, I do, I do, I do, I do believe in spooks!”  While it was a funny scene, it goes back to the ideal that “As a man thinketh, so is he.”  His mantra actually contributed to his belief that he was cowardly.   He proclaimed to be the King of the Forest but his DOMINATING THOUGHT was that he was a fraidy cat!  It is your dominating thoughts that create your reality in your life.

After they’d all received their gifts from the wizard and Dorothy was about to get into the hot air balloon to return to Kansas but it took off without her, she was resigned to stay in Oz forever.  That is until Glenda, the good witch, appeared and told her that she’d always POSSESSED THE ABILITY to go home.  She just had to figure it out for herself.  When we finally “figure out” that we are born with everything we need to be successful and that we are NEVER apart from the love and wisdom of God, it is only then that we can click our heels and watch the magic take place in our lives.  Dispel those fears and do something that you never thought you could do -- whether it's starting a business or hang-gliding!  Conceive it and believe it!

The moral to this story is turn your water (your prayers) into wine (your answered prayers) by BELIEVING in whatever you aspire to do or be.  Make your wine by infusing your spirit with positive words AND positive thoughts and it will change your life in a way that you’ve never imagined.   Don’t be the cowardly lion – be the King of the Forest!    





No comments:

Post a Comment